Skip to main content

Man Gets 'Civilized'.....

OK so life got in the way of my writing last week; don't you really dislike that when it happens, I know I do. That also means that my flow was seriously interrupted with mandatory writing assignments instead of my writing for pleasure and fun. But, with a little inspiration and guidance from a couple of my really awesome supporters, I am back. And I am excited to get back in my flow again. So I thought this might be a great time to maybe share part of my inspiration for this project.

I have always had a love for history. Maybe it was because history was important to the adults that were around me when I was little. Maybe it is because of my extreme curiosity. Or maybe it was that some of the things that my teachers stated as facts did not seem to add up or fit together nicely or logically. Whatever the reason or combination of reasons, here I am eyes deep in exploring and discovering as much of the truth of history as I can and sharing my journey with you. It is my wish that together we can discover the wonder that is our beginnings and journey from our current place in time and space all the way back to that wonder.
via UCR CHASS
If it took hundreds of millions of years to look anything similar to our current form and many millions more to learn to walk upright and these are scientific absolutes then how did civilizations like Ancient Egypt and Sumeria suddenly spring forth as fully functioning civilizations with language and writing and technology and religion and culture? It would stand to reason that while one advance can lead to the next advance, there is no logic that our ability to evolve, which scientists still tell us is an epic long steady process that once in a while can be jumped by a genetic mutation, suddenly became instantaneous about 5,000 - 6,000 years ago. A process that still seems to be at light speed compared to our 'uncivilized' growth.

Neolithic pottery via Phys Org

How is it that civilizations across the world, with no supposed connections, due to their primitive cultures and technologies, have similar 'myths' about world events from prehistoric times? Or that they use similar symbols on their pottery or rock painting or other artistic expressions. Anthropologists will tell you that it is just part of the natural process of cultural development. That statement seems to imply that we are identical in our thought process that we are not individual. It basically says that each individual human would reach the same conclusion and only that conclusion. If that is the case then it would make the study of anthropology kinda unnecessary since all cultures just follow a step by step map of cultural development without variation and cannot have any other truth that does not fit their mandated flow charts. It would also seem to demean our diversity of today. What if the truth were something very different?

Why does there only have to be one place that man evolved? Why does there have to be only one way that man evolved? Why does there have to be only one migration pattern? Why does our history have to be only 5000 years old? Why does stone age man have to be 'barbaric' or 'uncivilized'? What makes us superior to neanderthal? What makes us 'civilized'? What makes us technologically advanced? It is my belief that our prehistoric ancestors have not been given their due. There are new discoveries that seem to support my opinion and pushes at the 'facts' of mainstream history and the approved 'story of man'.

It is these questions and more that ignite my curiosity and fuel my desire to explore the stories and 'facts' and attempt to decipher the truth from the misconceptions. I hope that you enjoy the journey as much as I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Join Us For The Journey

Cassi Merten So while I have not been doing a lot of writing in quite awhile, I have still been doing a lot of reading, research, and following of others' research and theories. I have, also, been working out my next pursuit in my head and on paper, so to speak. I have long thought that the "official" story of humanity has some major contradictions and errors in it. Even as a child, raised basically in a christian'ish belief system, I always had questions about things that made no sense to me or that did not seem to tell the whole story or answer all the questions that I had. Questions like; if Adam and Eve were the first people then why did Cain need to be marked? Didn't ALL the people (his family) already know who he was and what he did? And if everyone was going to descend from Adam and Eve then wouldn't they all know who Cain was already? Of course some versions say that God sent them out to find wives, again if Adam and Eve were the first then where

The Undead.....Things that go bump in the night....

The Premature Burial by Antoine Wiertz One of the most prolific scares of the dark is that of encountering the undead ! The most famous of the undead is the vampire , but, they are not the only undead that lurk in our shadows and imagination. Several happenings caused the vampire to become widespread in history; not the least of which was the fact that people were accidentally burying the living. The methods for pronouncing a person dead were not accurate or reliable....matter of fact, so common was the misdiagnosis, especially, during cholera outbreaks, that a string was tied around the finger or foot of a newly buried corpse and attached to a bell above ground, so that if the person awoke and panicked they could be heard and hopefully dug up in time, giving birth to the phrases "Saved By The Bell" and "Graveyard Shift". Of the other undead roaming in the dark are ghouls and zombies, which seem not to mind the sun, unlike other undead. Ghouls are some of th

Questions Most Pondered

As I stated in my previous post, I have always had questions about the facts that have been taught and that have been repeated over and over again for decades. Facts that didn't seem to make sense when combined with other facts. Or anomalies that got rejected for no other reason than at the time of discovery they were singular or supposedly singular finds. Add to this the arrogance with which modern scholars dismiss past stories as the ignorant imaginings of lesser men, judged such for no other reason than being from an earlier time. Coupled with the dismissing of oral histories and traditions simply because they are oral. And the dismissing of heroes and demi-gods and or times of gods living among men as not factual, more so based on our use and concept of those words than on any true evidence. So as the title implies, I am going to share with you some of my most pondered questions. They are not in any specific order. For I believe that they are all, in their own way, of equ